Today was not a good day for the true believers. There were a few good moments, but some truly dire ones as well.
In rough chronological order:
- support for equal marriage is now part of the Federal Platform
- the part of the Federal Platform that deals with equal marriage is completely toothless – totally non-binding
- any part of any State Platform that deals with equal marriage is also now completely toothless
- support for on-shore processing has been removed from the platform and replaced with support for offshore processing
- many people said how vital reform is
- they then voted for a motion to set up a committee to explore possible ways to implement reform at some point in the future
- several real pro-reform motion were voted down without being discussed, or in some cases, moved.